Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010: My Pet Monster







Last week I listed a rare My Pet Monster stuffed animal on ebay. A girl about my age from Canada persuaded me to end the listing, sell the Monster to her, and meet her at the Detroit airport for the exchange. Her husband has been looking for this Monster for years, and she was going to surprise him for his birthday. Today she sent me the full story and these photos of the big day: "The story behind Billy wanting this so badly goes like this...Obviously we are Toronto Maple Leafs fans. Billy's favourite player is Gustavsson, who is a goalie for the Leafs (Billy grew up playing goaltender in minor hockey). Well Gustavsson's nickname is "The Monster," so he wanted to put a Leafs jersey on a my pet monster and bring it to a game and have it signed by Gustavsson. He was sooooooooo excited when he saw the doll that night I brought it home!!!!!! Now we just have to wait for next season, so that we can go to a game with the doll!!!! Anyhow, he had been looking for one for a very long time, and wasn't able to find one, not to mention he couldn't find any jersey's the appropriate size. So, needless to say, he was thrilled when I brought it home!!! Thank you soooo much for helping me be able to do this!!! He told me that this was the best birthday gift he has ever received. The doll is now sitting in the middle seat in the back of his car (with the seatbelt on and everything)."

No comments:

Post a Comment